Releases

Re: Releases

Postby Jazzmatazz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:09 am

Sometimes there is nothing you can do but wait. It's frustrating for us too, I'm the one who brought Peace Maker to the group it was one of the first series I suggested we do after Rookies. I read it and instantly enjoyed it from the very first chapter. However, things didn't work out well with the group we did a joint on it with and then after that we simply had no staff to work on it.

If roundtiger hadn't applied and just happen to be a good translator we would still be stuck! I get where you're coming from when you ask for status updates, because waiting can be killer. But, without a translator for a series you can't really do anything. Then we got extra lucky and had Demut and crazyhorse join, which just basically meant the project could finally have its own team of sorts (well a translator and a cleaner, crazyhorse typesets other stuff too). But, again we had to be patient and ask a LOT! Before any of this happened.
Jazzmatazz
Founder

Postby crazy_horse » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Oh man, yeah, roundtiger. He was a freakin' lifesaver.

Here are some quotes from when he first posted his translation attempt, which he said it was his first:
kopiikat wrote:[...] Your translation looks great to me. Different translators have different styles. Some are more literal, some worry more about making it sound natural. [...]

cmertb wrote:Yeah, looks good to me. You're probably better than most translators doing manga, in fact. :D

Jazzmatazz wrote:I don't understand Japanese and so can not give you feedback on the accuracy, but, it reads really well and I've had to deal with a whole variety of translations on the good to bad spectrum.

Coming from them, that's no small praise. And it's a seinen, mind you, so kanji with no furigana. :)
crazy_horse

Postby MR2Tony » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:07 pm

I started reading this manga on a whim and boy was i suprised at how great of a manga it is!

I am really happy i found this manga through you guys and cant wait for more chapters to come out!
MR2Tony

Previous

Return to Peace Maker