Is this the start of another great baseball manga?

Is this the start of another great baseball manga?

Postby Marukome » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 am

I think so. I've really enjoyed the first few chapters. Kind of a stereotypical baseball manga start, but I like where its going.
Marukome

Re: Is this the start of another great baseball manga?

Postby Jazzmatazz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:11 am

It gets really good from what I can see, it doesn't really focus on them being "delinquents" for too long and a lot happens which add to the drama and tension of the series. There are interesting enemies or opponents introduced and in volume 4 some very unexpected events. Volume 2 has an actual baseball match in it that's something to look forward to.

I don't think this series is going to focus on realism at all, it seems more like Eyeshield 21 with a focus on showy extravagant techniques.
Jazzmatazz
Founder

Re: Is this the start of another great baseball manga?

Postby someone2040 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:58 am

Yeah, I think a lot of team sports mangas take the delinquent approach. It kind've gives character to well... the characters themselves. Not saying it's a bad thing though! Usually they each have their own different spin on the delinquency. Like Rookies has Kawato turning them onto the right path. Hanagata has well... Hanagata, pursuing his love of Baseball and dragging along the other guys with it. Hanagata doesn't seem as delinquent heavy though, just the way those guys have turned out after getting blamed on a fight.

Definately keen on reading more of it :), we've certainly got a long way to go until we catch up!
someone2040

Return to Shinyaku "Kyojin no Hoshi" Hanagata