Application for Cleaner/Typesetter/Proofreader/QC

Application for Cleaner/Typesetter/Proofreader/QC

Postby Toomei » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 am

Name: Toomei
Position of interest: Cleaner/Typesetter/Proofreader/QC
Project of interest: KSKM, Shibatora, or where I am needed.
Experience: I was an editor for the scanlation group Storm in Heaven for a while. (I went by Hana there, though.) I did the redraws, leveling, and typesetting of a few projects. I edited Zion chapters 13-18, Hinata no Ookami Vol 1 Chapter 3, and some of the editing of Nazca Vol 2 Chapter 7. I then became kind of slow and quit editing due to school reasons. Now Storm in Heaven is planning to shut down, so I don't want to and can't really go back there despite my experience with them.

Ah, I also have experience with Japanese. I've taken three years in High School, and another in college. I don't want to be a translator due to how time consuming the task is, but I would be able to help with small things. At Storm in Heaven, I translated some of the SFX that the translators missed, as I was going through the typesetting and cleaning process. I am also a junior English and Art major in college, so I have excellent experience with the English language and programs like Photoshop CS4, Illustrator, and InDesign.

Reason why: I saw a thread on MangaFox that you were looking for cleaners for Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, and thought I would volunteer my services because I like the manga quite a bit :3 I would still be a little slow because of college, but I would work extra hard on weekends to try and make up for it. (It's for this reason that I think QC or Proofreader would be better than editing/cleaning, but if you don't mind me being a bit slow, I can do the other jobs.)

I would rather not take the test to apply, if I can submit the previous work that I have done instead. How would that work? Would you like me to upload the raws somewhere, then upload the cleaned/redrawn versions, then upload the versions with the text? And how much would you like me to upload? A chapter? A few pages?

Please let me know ^^
Toomei

Re: Application for Cleaner/Typesetter/Proofreader/QC

Postby kyuubi654 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:25 am

Sent you a PM Toomei. So check that out ^^
kyuubi654

Re: Application for Cleaner/Typesetter/Proofreader/QC

Postby Toomei » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:27 pm

These are some of the raws, followed by cleaned/redrawn (I received the Zion ones cleaned, so those ones are only redrawn), and then followed by the version with the translation.

Spoiler! :
Sometimes I skipped redrawing parts, if they were going to be covered by text. Rouran's hair is an example. This was a pretty tough page regardless though, especially since it was one of the first editing jobs I did lol.

Raw:

Redrawn:

With Translation:

Spoiler! :
Here, the skirt was troublesome. The action lines were annoying too, since I didn't know how to use the pen tool (and didn't use the brush tool+shift for some reason here.. didn't know how yet, either, I guess) I'm better at them now though >< Covered up my mistakes with text.

Raw:

Redrawn:

With Translation:

Spoiler! :
Raw:

Redrawn:

With Translation:

Spoiler! :
The last one is an example of a two-page spread. It was really hard, since a lot of parts didn't line up correctly. I put the url of the image below the two page spreads, so you could click and see the full image.

Before they were joined:
Image Image

Joined/Cleaned+Redrawn:
( http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn394/Misokana/Scanlations/hinata_96clean.jpg )

With Translation:
( http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn394/Misokana/Scanlations/hinata_96cleantext.jpg )
Toomei

Return to Recruitment