Applying: Multiple Positions

Applying: Multiple Positions

Postby maniascity » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:12 am

Name: Maniascity

Position of Interest: Proof reading, QC, Cleaner and maybe Typesetter

Project of Interest: Himizu though I'm willing to work on other projects

Experience: I'm confident in my English so proof reading shouldn't be a problem, but I would like a more challenging position and I know a bit about photoshop. I don't have any manga cleaning experience. I'm willing to typeset, though I have absolutely no experience in that area. I used to solo sub and encode videos if that helps.

Reason: Because of various circumstances, I have a lot of free time on my hands and would like to spend it on something productive. I love manga, and I'm impressed by the manga scanlating scene in general, you especially because you're scanlating Himizu. I may not have experience, but I'm willing to work on that for at least 5 hours a day, everyday.

I hope you consider me and I will put effort to try to be an asset to your group
Regards
maniascity

Re: Applying: Multiple Positions

Postby crazy_horse » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Hey maniascity. Thank you for applying.

Unfortunately, Himizu is completely cleaned and waiting for translations at the moment, so I don't think there's much to do with that. Typesetting is kinda easy, so it doesn't take too long to TS a chapter. Proofreading is required, but you don't have to correct all that much.

As for our other series...
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru: We're also ahead with cleans for that and waiting for translations. Typesetting doesn't take long. No proofreading required.
Peace Maker: Good for cleans, waiting for translations. Easy typesetting. No proofreading.
Capeta: Good for cleans, waiting for translations and RAWs. Easy typesetting. Proofreader available for it.
Rookies: It's a joint and I'm not involved in any way shape or form, so I don't know. someone2040 knows about that.

The bottom line is that we have things covered for the most part, so I'm not sure we need anything other than translators right now. As much as I hate saying this, you could try applying for a group that needs staff at the moment.

Thank you for applying and I apologize if this sounds dismissive. I sure as hell didn't want the message to sound anything like that, which is why I spent 20 minutes constantly revising it.
crazy_horse

Re: Applying: Multiple Positions

Postby maniascity » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Your message didn't sound dismissive at all, and thank you for taking the time to answer and update me on your situation. I will see if any other group I like is currently recruiting.

Best of luck to you and all the deadbeat group :)
maniascity

Return to Recruitment