Application Form

Application Form

Postby Lavos » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:48 pm

Name: [Insert name]
Position of interest: Translator/Cleaner/Typesetter/Proofreader/QC
Project of interest: [Rookies]
Experience: [Godly experience, first timer. We all start somewhere, so don't be shy. SPECIALLY TRANSLATORS! ALL YOUR TRANSLATIONS ARE BELONG TO US! APPLY DAMN IT! :P]
Reason why: [Why this project, why us, why do we live and die. You know, simple stuff.]

This would be a standar form to fill out if you decide to apply to join. Eventually we'll have test for each category. We're working on it. Keep your socks on.

I know we only have Rookies as project now, but we plan to expand so... yeah.
Lavos
Site Admin

Re: Application Form

Postby Gin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:56 am

Name: Buckley / Gin
Position of interest: Proofreader/QC
Project of interest: [Shibatora]
Experience:
I have no experience proof reading manga. I do however notice mistakes, improper sentence flow when I'm reading. I'd love to branch out from just proof reading and quality control, if someone links me a faq on typesetting I'd love to try it out.

I've got a very basic japanese level as well. watshi wa nihongo chotto o hanashimasu - [don't have the language pack for xp installed on this pc]. Not interested in translating, but who knows in a year to two years time I might want to try it out.

Reason why:
Just finished reading Shibatora ch 7 and I like the characters, it looks like the translation efforts started recently and I'd love to help out.
Gin

Postby Jazzmatazz » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:19 pm

Sort of the wrong place for it but the application is very much appreciated! We are just about full as far as proofreaders go but I will send you a test for qc and also a good typesetting tutorial and see how you get on with both. Expect a pm a little later today ;)
Jazzmatazz
Founder

Postby static360 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:02 am

Hi, am interested in proof reading if you are still looking

Name:John. O
Position of interest:Proofreader
Project of interest: Any
Experience: [Am a first timer, everybody do gotta start somewhere and i will like to knw how to do cleaner also ]
Reason why: why? because i want too that's why....lol just kidding.I guess it's just one of the skill i wanna have in life, i wanna be part of a team that makes things like this. Besides i was reading one of the manga that just came out and i saw that u guys needed help.
static360

Postby ithinkweirdthoughts » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:26 am

Name: Alexiz/ well i prefer the my username ithinkweirdthoughts
Position of interest:
Translator/Cleaner/Typesetter/Proofreader/QC -any of them where my skills deem necessary (except translating i suck at that)
Project of interest: Rookies at present, but will do look in some of your other projects
Experience: well... this would be my first time doing this... but ive done some things in a while that may be equal to those you are doing... Well yep cleaning ive done that with my brother, I do Proof Reading too... I can also type set, can also do QC...to make things short... I have experience in modifying pages (dunno if thats the proper term) but I'm certainly new to this..
Reason why: 1 Because I love to finish reading Rookies manga 2 well it's because you said so yourself that you need help 3 I love this thing that you are doing for manga lovers and 4 I really really really want to help you guys out in anyway I can
ithinkweirdthoughts

Postby Bloodstone » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:42 am

Name: Bloodstone

Position of Interest: Proof reader, interested in learning cleaning

Project of Interest: KSKM, but I'm open to others

Experience: English is my native language (USA), plus 2 college classes which I aced. I've got the time if you've got the manga. ;)

Reason Why: I want to help out with KSKM because it's my favorite manga on this site and would love to see it speed up. I also have too much time on my hands here at home. :P I would also like to learn cleaning (redrawing?), since I'm good at art and have fun drawing manga.
Bloodstone

Postby the urchin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Bloodstone I think I love you, finally someone to help out with KSKM :D

because of financial reasons I can't help myself... yet. but when I get the proper equipment, I'll be there
A rival is your best friend, he makes you push yourself to your limit and beyond
-Unknown

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others
- Confucius

Veni, vidi, vici
-Caesar
the urchin

Postby SKL Kaiser » Sat May 21, 2011 5:28 am

Name: SKL Kaiser (read: Skull Kaiser)
Position of interest: Proofreader
Project of interest: [KSKM]
Experience: [I often find myself being requested to proofread things such as essays and the like. If there are english corrections needed I will gladly assist and write what is necessary to fix the mistakes. ]
Reason why: [KSKM could probably be my motivation to get into Karate. Plus I finally got my OSU! back thanks to having read this manga. Also, Mutou scares me. I'd like to not be punched in the face.]
SKL Kaiser

Postby the urchin » Thu May 26, 2011 7:29 pm

I love you too Kaiser, and karate (the martial art) is awesome!
A rival is your best friend, he makes you push yourself to your limit and beyond
-Unknown

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others
- Confucius

Veni, vidi, vici
-Caesar
the urchin

Postby Mana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Name: Mana
Position of Interest: Typesetter/Proofreader
Project of Interest: Any
Experience: I dont have any in typesetting but i know how to use SplashUp which is really similar to photoshop except free :). I help edit a weekly newspaper called The Roanoke Star Sentinel. English is my first language.
Reason Why: I read mangas online so much that I want to give back a little. I would love to get involved in the manga process and i feel like typesetting and or proofreading is something I can do.
Mana

Next

Return to Recruitment