Application Form

Re: Application Form

Postby SamuraiAlex » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Name: Alex

Position of interest: Cleaner/ Typesetter/ Proofreader

Project of interest: KSKM

Experience: Never worked with a scanlation group, have cleaned about 5 raws and am confident on my leveling, cropping and taking crap of raws. Though I don't understand how to use layers effectively (yet). I would like to be a cleaner but would be happy being a Typesetter or Proofreader if it helps make the releases faster as I am from England and can pick up the flow or lack of in writing. Also I don't have the right fonts on my photoshop (5.1) for manga.

Reason why: I want to help make the releases faster in any way I can, and try to catch up to the current releases (know that's pretty much impossible since it's up to like chapter 370) or as close to as possible.
SamuraiAlex

Postby crazy_horse » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:45 pm

If we released two chapters per week, we would inch closer to the current state in Japan, but, as it is, we can't do that. Reason why: ridiculous redraws in each and every chapter. We don't have enough cleaners/redrawers for the series. someone2040 will give details, if need be. He knows where the crew's at, since he manages this.

someone2040 manages applications, sends tests, reviews them, all that good stuff. He'll notify you when he sends the test, but you should've made a separate thread for your application. That way, he can keep track of applications more easily, as he is a busy man, believe me.
crazy_horse

Postby Jarrz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:20 am

Name: Jarrz
Position of interest: Typesetter
Project of interest: Any
Experience: I have previously done typesetting and cleaning before, cleaning is too time consuming for me so I think typesetting would be my forte out of the two.
Reason why: I have a lot of extra time and I've always been interested in helping with scanlations. This scanlation group seems interesting so I figured I might as well give it a shot.
Jarrz

Postby riichaan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:26 am

Name: Most people call me Riichan. (:
Position of interest: Proofreader
Project of interest: Any & all!
Experience: I'm currently a proofreader for another scanlation group (Amaranth Scanlations), but we've been pretty slow lately & I'm itching to start working again.
Reason why: Well, I'm pretty sure we live & die 'cause we're animals but I would double check on that one, if you're really curious. & I liked the name of this group. (:
riichaan

Postby 20Skill80Luck » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Name: [kalle]
Position of interest: any
Project of interest: [ Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru]
Experience: [first timer.]
Reason why: [good manga dude]
20Skill80Luck

Postby Amicci » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 am

Name: Amicchi {me username says "amicci" 'cos of typo}
Position of interest:Proofreader
Project of interest: any romance/comedy manga
Experience:Beginner
Reason why:
NOT ENOUGH ROMANCE/COMEDY/SHOUJO (or whatever) RELEASES
I GOT NUFFIN LEFT TA READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amicci

Postby baljedug » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Name: alison
Position of interest: Cleaner
Project of interest: [Rookies]
Experience:
this the first time im doin this thing. but i did some of a things that related to cleaning job. I could operate photoshop, illustrator, sai.

Reason why:
i just want to help so it could be released faster. I've already finish read it till the last volume (yes i could read and understand japanese a lil bit). Its a great manga and i want people to read it too.
baljedug

Postby renzieb26 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Name: Renzie
Position of interest: Proofreader
Project of interest: Any
Experience: Unfortunately, I don't have any proofreading experiences other than in my English class, but I would really love to take on this job.
Reason why: I love reading mangas and I've always wanted to be part of a scanlation team. Being able to contribute to this growing society of mangas and scanlations is definitely something I would like to achieve. I'm really fluent in English and it would be nice to use my skills to good use. I'm currently taking Japanese and I'm in level 4. I'm also taking a Chinese class. However, my Chinese is not as fluent as my English, Tagalog and Japanese skills. But I can speak, read and write basic level 1 Chinese. I don't stop until my work is completely done and perfect. I'm hoping for your kind consideration. Thank you so much for reading this and have a spectacular day! :)
renzieb26

Postby chulongmao » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Name: Chulongmao
Position of interest: Translator
Project of interest: Capeta
Experience: Soloed the fansub (Translation/Typesetting) for the drama "Saba Doru" on D-addicts' forum.
However I have no experience in Manga.
Reason why: I love Capeta manga/anime. I wish there will be more english readers for this manga.
chulongmao

Previous

Return to Recruitment